What is Mobile Banking?
With Pelham Banking Company’s Mobile Banking, you can be sure that your banking activities are with you at all times. You can securely access your Pelham Banking Company accounts from your mobile device to check account balances, pay bills and transfer funds.
The real-time convenience of Pelham Banking Company Mobile Banking just cannot be matched by anything else. Think about all your situational scenarios where it can really come in handy:
- When you’re at the electronics store, and you see that big screen HDTV you absolutely just have to buy - play it safe & make a quick check on your account balance and make sure you have enough money before you purchase.
- When you’re out on vacation, out traveling, or simply have no computer access, you might have a bill you forgot to pay from home or a bill that is due very soon. Don’t cut it close. Ensure that you’re never late on any of your bills by making a quick and easy bill payment from your phone.
- When you’re not using your debit card, keep it safe and lock it with SmartLock! An excellent fraud prevention tool, you can lock/unlock your debit card with a simply toggle in our mobile app. SmartLock ensures that you, and only you, are using your debit card. And unlocking it is instant! Enroll in thet ime it takes you to place your coffee order – simply enter your card number and confirm.
Our mobile banking has no fees – even more reason to use Pelham Banking Company Mobile Banking.*
It’s easy to get Pelham Banking Company Mobile Banking, just visit the Apple App Store or Google Play and follow the prompts to download the app. *Message and data rates may apply. Check your carrier plan for details. If you do not currently use Online Banking, please contact a Pelham Banking Company customer service representative at 229-294-2341.
- An eligible Pelham Banking Company Online Banking account
- A smartphone (iOS, Android, BlackBerry), a web-enabled device (mobile browser) or standard mobile device
PBC Text Alerts
Pelham Banking Company Text Alerts are a free service that allows you to receive alerts or quickly request account information via text message*. You can be notified each time your debit card is used, when your balance drops below a certain point, or when an automatic credit is sent to your account. Text Alerts help you stay aware of potential fraudulent transactions occurring on your bank account.
Interested in staying up to day on product information, weather closings, and more? Text ENROLL PELHAM INFO to (800) 213-9166 for emergency notifications or weather updates impacting the bank. For product maintenance information, new product announcements, or similar notifications, text ENROLL PELHAM PRODUCT to (800) 213-9166. You may unenroll at any time by texting STOP to (800) 213-9166 and can view the Text Concierge User Agreement here.
How do I sign up?
- If you haven't already, enroll in Online Banking.
- Download the PBC Mobile Banking App to your smartphone or tablet.
- Log in to the app with your Online Banking ID and password.
- Open the left navigation menu.
- Tap "Text Banking" under the "Messaging" menu.
- Enter your personal information to enroll.
- Shortly after, you will receive a text message from short code 39257 saying that you have been enrolled.
What kind of alerts are available?
You are able to set up two kinds of alerts - push alerts and request alerts. Both alerts are set up within the mobile app.
These types of notifications are based on the criteria you provide within the mobile app. Some examples of how this could be used are below:
- Daily Balance Alerts - "I'd like to receive my available balance every Tuesday and Thursday at 4 p.m."
- Monthly Balance Alerts - "I'd like to know my available balance at 11 a.m. on the 1st and 15th of every month."
- Balance Threshold Alerts - "I'd like to know when my available balance is below $100" or "I'd like to know when my available balance is above $500."
- Transaction Alerts - Know when your debit card is being used, when an ACH occurs, or when a wire is transmitted, and set a balance threshold on any of those transaction types.
By activating Request Text Alerts from the mobile app, you can send certain requests to short code (800) 213-9166 to receive your account information while you're on the go. Use the below commands to receive on-demand access to your accounts.
What You Receive
|BAL||Your available balance.||Text BAL and the four digit account nickname or the last four digits of the account number (BAL XXXX). If no four digit number accompanies BAL, information on all accounts enrolled will be sent.|
|HIST||Last five transactions within the last 90 days.||Text HIST and the four digit account nickname or the last four digits of the account number (HIST XXXX). If no four digit number accompanies HIST, information on all accounts enrolled will be sent.|
|XFER||Transfer money between your accounts.||To transfer, send XFER with the from account four digit nickname/number, to account four digit nickname/number, and the amount (no dollar sign!). An example of transferring $100 from checking to savings would be: “XFER chkg svgs 100.”|
|STOP||Deactivates text banking services.||Once you have un-enrolled from Text Banking, please contact the bank in order to re-enroll.|
|HELP||Sends a list of available commands.|
Please note: balance inquiries may be unavailable around 5:15 – 5:30 p.m. due to processing.
How do I stop Text Banking?
To un-enroll or suspend your accounts on Text Banking, send STOP to (800) 213-9166. Once you have un-enrolled, please contact the bank should you want to re-enroll.
*Web access is needed to use the mobile banking app. Please check with your wireless carrier for data fees that may apply. Mobile banking is available to online banking users only. All terms applicable to online banking apply to mobile banking.