We go the extra mile to make sure your debit card stays secure so you can have peace of mind about the safety of your money. Leverage these security features and tips to easily keep an eye on your card.
- Set up text alerts through the Mobile App and be notified of purchases, ATM use, ACH transactions, account balances, new bill payees and more
- Monitor your account transactions through Online Banking or the Mobile App, or by carefully reviewing your monthly statement
- Use the SmartLock feature in the Mobile App to turn your card off as an added layer of security
- Select a PIN that is easy for you to remember but difficult for someone else to guess (avoid easily found information such as birth year or address)
- When using your debit card at a store or an ATM, cover the key pad when entering your PIN
- Keep debit cards in a secure place
- When you receive replacement cards, cut up or shred the old card before discarding
- Never give your account or card information over the phone unless you have initiated the call – an never send account or card information via email or social media
- Let the bank know if you are traveling to ensure your card can be used safely and without interruption
If your debit card is not working, it is possible that unusual activity has caused the card to be flagged for potential fraud. If you suspect your debit card has been compromised, please call the bank or Customer Care Center.